Here's a collection of my new illustrations, created for Expressive Collective annual exhibition. This year's theme was Juxtapose and I've decided to create a series of contrasting black and white drawings. My main goal was to focus on subject of contradictive human nature. All pieces are 50x70cm, drawn on white paper, using biro pen for details and black Talens paint for flat surfaces.
Below you can see images of my work and short description for every artwork. Hope you'll like it!
1. "Guardians" Dark animal monsters are not what they seem at first glance, they give warmth and protection to little girl. This piece is about darkness which scary and horrifying for many for some may be shelter and safe heaven.
2. "It's Complicated" is about relationship of two people. They are really close, bare naked in front of each other but at the same time distant, detached, insensitive and thick-skinned.
3. "Happy" is simply about what it says, about Happiness. It's deeply ironic and tells about masks and roles we play. Happy is melancholic, sorrowful and disturbed completely opposite to what we've been thought. Happy is piece about disappointment.
4. "Don't let me go down" is piece about falling into the darkest and lifeless of places. Gradually sliding down in your thoughtless daydreaming process surrounded only by idiotic and meaningless elements of childish game.
5. "It's not you, it's me" Tells story about over-thinking, judging, evaluating, balancing our options and making decisions.